Updated: Mar 19
The practice of social distancing provides a unique opportunity to enjoy some quality "me time." Consider spending this time cultivating your passions by doing the things you love! Or how about learning something new? Sign up for an online course, try a new recipe, or pick up a hobby that has always interested you.
WH remains committed to offering a variety of educational, cultural and spiritual programs that inspire connection, growth, creativity and deeper learning. So...we've put together a list of our favorite FREE resources being offered by some great cultural institutions for you to enjoy from the safety and comfort of your own couch. Please let us know which one's you enjoyed the most!
2. PBS is airing Ken Burns' Baseball Documentary for those who need their baseball fix.
3. The show must go on! Here’s an ever-growing list of Broadway productions available to watch wherever you are. (fees may apply)
4. For all the parents out there, Scholastic has launched Learn at Home, a website offering daily enrichment projects for kids stuck at home, sorted by grade level. Or, check out Pinna. Pinna is an on-demand audio streaming service offering families and teachers two free months of access to their audio streaming service for kids 3-12. They have a huge library of great podcasts, audiobooks, and music!
6. Sign up for one of the 450 Ivy League courses being offered for free!
7. Enjoy concerts from your couch! Join musicians Dan & Claudia Zanes for their "social isolation" sing along series. So far there are 5 songs in the series. # 4 is our favorite. Or join Michael Franti and his family for The Franti’s Stay at Home Concert World Tour. Parts 1 & 2 are up now.
8. Take virtual tours of some of the world's greatest museums--from the Guggenheim to the Musee D'Orsay--without ever leaving your living room.
10. Open Culture is treasure trove of free online courses giving you access to pretty much everything you've ever wanted to know....
12. NEW! You can now download a ton of books from the New York Public Library for free, you just need to download their free app.
13. NEW! The Atlanta Aquarium has live video feed under the water! How cool is that?
14. NEW! Live webcams form the National Parks? Now you can get close to the wildlife without disturbing them (or having to leave your couch!)