How To Use The Five Element Theory To Restore Balance & Stay Healthy
Time & Location
About the Event
Description of Program:
The Five Element Theory is an ancient eastern philosophy embodying the concept that our thoughts, feelings, and actions are done in accordance with nature. We intuitively flow and adjust to the changing seasons because we are part of nature and are guided by energy running through meridians within our body.
Do you ever wonder why you have trouble moving forward or wish your were more flexible both physically and in your attitude? Are you the type of person who experiences extreme emotions, but doesn't understand why? Do you find yourself always serving others? Have trouble letting go?
These questions touch upon just some of the principles behind the five elements of water, wood, fire, earth, and metal. By fully understanding the philosophy and characteristics of each element, you will start to recognize how they play a role in your daily practice and be more empowered to make positive choices toward a healthier life.
In this workshop you will learn:
- How to identify which elements’ characteristics you demonstrate and in which you are deficient.
- How the five elements interact with and affect one another, creating balance and imbalance.
- How diet and nutrition relate to these elements and which foods you should eat more of or avoid.
- Where the 12 meridian energy channels are located in your body and their major pressure points.
- Meditation and meridian stretches you can do at home to stimulate certain element channels.
I invite you to join me for my one day (six hour) workshop where we go in-depth into each of the five elements.
*Please bring your own lunch.
About the Instructor:
Millie Hermanto was born and raised in Taiwan. She started her career as a nurse in 1962 and has worked in Taiwan, Germany and the United States. Her strong interests in oriental bodywork philosophy led her to pursue training in Ohashiatsu at the Ohashi Institute in 1992. After completing the program she became a certified Ohashiatsu instructor and started teaching in 1998. Throughout her career she has organized and taught numerous Ohashiatsu classes and workshops both in the US and abroad.
Millie holds a NY license in massage and is also certified in foot reflexology and Aromatherapy. She is a life-long learner and continuously seeks training opportunities to improve her practice as a health professional.
- 5 Element: Member Price$45$450$0
- 5 element: Non Member Price$50$500$0